· Engaged with and supports safety and environmental programs.
· Examine facilities, equipment and tools to verify conformance to specifications and to determine repair or replacement needs.
· Analyzes equipment failures, determines cause(s) and makes necessary adjustments or repairs.
· Develop predictive and preventive maintenance program in conjunction with maintenance staff.
· Requisition materials and supplies such as tools, equipment and replacement parts.
· Determine schedules and assign work activities based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
· Coach, develop skills and train maintenance personnel.
· Review, evaluate, accept and coordinate outside contractor bids and work performance.
· Monitor employee work levels and review work performance.
· Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hiring, promotions, transfers, discharges, rewards and discipline.
· Participate in budget preparation, organize purchasing documentation and control department expenditures.
· Able to prepare and present to top management ideas and strategic plans.
· Arrange appropriate training in the safe repair, service and maintenance of equipment.
· Develop and implement maintenance policies and procedures.
· Ability to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
· Recognize potential environmental safety hazards and take steps to mitigate them.
· Demonstrate good skills in analyzing and developing strategies for solving problems.
· Seek new technologies and automation opportunities in lowering the overall cost of manufacturing.
· Other associated duties.