This position is responsible for the operation of the Geomet and Top Coat plating lines. These machines provide the application of the rust preventative coating to metal parts to satisfy the customer’s corrosion requirements.
* Perform basic operation of both Geomet (base coat) and Top Coat plating lines.
* Troubleshoot problem areas as they arise on machine and resolve to ensure production is met.
* Be able to troubleshoot and correct any issue with products that have poor quality in regards to visual or coating amount standards.
* Maintain the mixing of base coat chemicals.
* Perform quality checks and conduct SPC (X bar R charts).
* Perform operation of Shot Blast machine and quality checks.
* Maintain production volumes as scheduled by production control.
* Must have the ability to stand, bend, stoop, twist, push, pull and lift up to 60 lbs. occasionally and up to 25 lbs. on a constant basis throughout shift.
* Other associated duties.
Metals Heat Treat Operator
This individual performs general labor duties associated with heat treat operations including but not limited to set up and maintain controls on furnace and gas generator to ensure proper settings, dew points and carbon potential, perform batch furnace operations and shut down procedures.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Set up and operation of heat treat machine and auxiliary equipment (feeder, loader, conveyor).
* Demonstrates mechanical abilities.
* Blue print reading and knowledge of metrics.
* Basic level trouble shooting.
* Understand controlling and monitoring all heat treat furnaces as well as their limits and capabilities.